The Fall


When I was abstrusely in love with her, some of her had become some of me. They impregnated me with a sense that made me a part of a "We", and- although we aren't "We" anymore- the sense still lingers within.

he strangest thing is that it doesn't make me sad or miss anything. It simply is what it is- whatever this 'it' may be, and to speak matter-of-factly. The sense has turned me into someone else, even if minimally, with the most immense impact on my life. That is her greatest triumph over me. She has- for better or for worse- turned me who she wanted me to be. Although, it is now too late to matter (to me) - considering my disapproving traits are unaltered- I can quite frustratingly understand what she saw in me: someone with possibilities to be a part of two things- people- that could create something new. That is my biggest loss: simultaneously being exposed to and detached from that possibility.

Comments

Popular Posts