A Midsummer Afternoon's Dream


Then she said, "You know what I think? I think you are a very sad person, and you believe that you deserve all of it. You believe that you deserve pain, and that you cause it to people around you. That's why you never let anybody become more than a friend. You are scared of hurting them. You know what, Mr. Datta? That's very narcissistic of you. Every time you get close to someone, you search for avenues to get away.

You do something stupid. I am absolutely sure you think you are doing them a favor, that you are saving them from unavoidable pain. You must know that's a huge load of bull crap. You do that because you are scared of the possibility of pain. You do that to save yourself, not others. You are dead inside, and you want to stay that way. Everything else you do is to validate that notion. You hurt others to hurt yourself and try to make sense of your pain; you force yourself to believe that every bit of misery you face, you deserve it all... So, keep frauding the world if you want, just don't start believing it to be true!"

And then I woke up. Even the people in my own dream don't understand me. Should I be scared?

Comments

Popular Posts